Friday, December 4, 2009

"Self" Therapy

This post is a little different. I'm trying to let God use me how He wants to use so I decided to add my poetry to this blog.

I haven't really wrote poetry for a while but I do hope that anyone who reads this likes it. As I try to continue on with the gift of poetry, I also try to refine it by adding components from the past, present and even future. I just pray that God uses me how He wants to use me and guides my pen or fingers everytime I write a poem or lyrics.

This poem just kind of shows how someone might struggle with things and almost have a soul therapy session within prayer. Realize that in this poem, there is no specfic response from God. Sometimes God lets us work through things to help us grow in Him. So by the end of this poem/conversation/prayer praise is being offered up as a result of realizing that God is needed in my life, your life, thier lives, our lives. I hope this is a blessing to you and those you know. God Bless.

"Self" Therapy

Lord, what's wrong with me?
I know the things I've done are so wrong of me.
Why does it seem like you've hid your face for so long from me?
Wait....you were never hiding, I was looking in the wrong direction.
I want to trust in you always but I only call on you at my own discretion.
Teach me a lesson.
Lord, break me down to rebuild me up.
Use me like an empty cup.
I need the Living Water so I'll never thirst again with your Holy Spirit, please fill me up.
And I know the devil is defeated but this sin in me,
Keeps on temptin' me.
My flesh needs to die daily because it's trying to put an end to me.
And ain't it somethin',
How I keep frontin'?
Like you don't deserve all the praise in my victories, credit me with nothin'.
Completely do away with the old me, the me before I knew you.
Show me what I need to do.
I'm on my knees, please I'm desperately needing you.
And I know, I know I need to be strong enough in you not to turn my back.
You shouldn't always have to call me back.
I have to stay mindful of you to keep our relationship in tact.
But Lord, I'm on the edge, I'm at the end of my rope.
Jehovah Jireah, my provider, my everlasting hope.
I want to be on fire for you, I can't afford to become ash and smoke.
So I'll keep on burnin'.
Everyday I'm learnin'.
Abba, my father, for your healing touch I'm truly yearnin'.
So I lift my hands up ceding to and praising you,
For what you've done, are doing and going to do.
You are holy and righteous and I give you thanks for allowing me to fall back in love with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment